- Appointment Level: Full-time assistant professor and all ranks above (in Opto-electronic Semiconductor Division).
- Number of opening available: one.
- Responsibilities: Conducting active research program, offering undergraduate and graduate courses; including general physics/lab courses for other departments.
- Starting date of employment: Aug 1, 2022.
- Required background: (1) PhD in optoelectronics, physics or other related field, from universities in Taiwan or foreign countries with productive research results. (2) Capability of teaching classes in English (3) Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- Required documents:
- Filled application form, blank downloadable from
- Curriculum Vitae: including research plan and the undergraduate and graduate level courses to be offered.
- Personal data form for new employee and the form of courses offered by new faculty member can be found in (https://personnel.ntou.edu.tw/p/405-1007-60250,c9780.php?Lang=zh-tw)
- Photocopy of diploma.
- Photocopy of undergraduate and graduate academic transcripts.
- Abstract of PhD thesis and a copy of the page with signatures of oral defense committee.
- Publication list.
- Photocopy of three to five representative papers.
- Three recommendation letters (one of these should be from PhD supervisor).
- Corroborating information of the research projects the applicant has joined.
Above materials should be sent to
Department of Optoelectronics and Materials Technology,
National Taiwan Ocean University
No.2, Beining Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Keelung City 202301, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(Highlight on the envelop “Application for Faculty Member”)
Contact Person: Chiu-Zhen Chen, assistant E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remarks: Interview will be arranged for applicants fit our department need. The material provided by applicants will not be returned in any circumstances.